Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Engineer works with the company's EDI software, developing the EDI mapping programs, maintaining smooth communications for production using EDI tools and ensuring smooth transitions when change or maintenance are required. This generally consists of tasks such as handling inbound/outbound documents, conducting auditing, handling relevant documents and networking with partners (Customers and suppliers). He/She works extensively with Information Security staff and other employees to ensure the EDI software is working as intended.
- Develop new EDI mapping programs and maintain existing ones
- Process and monitor inbound/outbound EDI messages
- Maintain EDI front-end portal
- Monitor day to day activities on the EDI IT systems
- Initial contact for troubleshooting inquiries
- Document (maintain) EDI processes
- Work with trading partners (customers, suppliers, remote factories) to resolve any operational issues
- Bachelor in Computer Science, with option in Software development
- Experience in Supply Chain and EDI is an asset
- EDI concepts and standards (EDIFACT, ODETTE, VDA, ANSI) are an asset
- Basic knowledge in communication protocols: FTP, AS2, OFTP...
- Team player
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills are required
- Fluent in English, good working knowledge in French