Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) Coordinator work with a company's EDI program, maintaining smooth communications for production using EDI tools and ensuring smooth transitions when changes or maintenance are required. This generally consists of tasks such as handling inbound/outbound documents, conducting auditing, handling relevant documents, and networking with partners. EDI coordinators work extensively with Information Security (IT) staff and other employees to ensure the EDI program is working as intended. Daily activities performed by EDI coordinators include serving as the initial contact for troubleshooting inquiries, monitoring document transmissions, and identifying opportunities to improve relevant processes. They perform audits to ensure quality standards are being met on a regular basis, and they are also usually responsible for conducting training to keep staff up to date on technology changes.
- Create new mapping and maintain existing map;
- Process and monitor all inbound and outbound documents;
- Monitor day by day activities on the EDI IT systems;
- Document (maintain) EDI processes;
- Work with trading partners to resolve any operational issues.
- Bachelor in IT;
- EDI concepts and standards (EDIFACT, ODETTE, VDA, ANSI);
- Experience in the use of a mapping tool, like MAPFORCE, Stylus, Oxygen... (1 year);
- Basic knowledge in HTLM, JS and Sql;
- Basic knowledge in communication protocols: FTP, AS2, OFTP...
- Team player;
- Analytical skills are required;
- Fluent in English, good working knowledge in French.