1970-1980: Building foundations
- 1976 :
- Establishment of Cebi Luxembourg S.A. (initially named Elth S.A.). The company started manufacturing temperature switches for the household appliance market and designing electromechanical components for the automotive market.
- Establishment of Cebi Micromotors Switzerland S.A. (initially named MES S.A.), specializing in motors for industrial ventilation.
- Creation of our commercial office in Germany, Cebi Deutschland Vertriebs-GmbH.
- Beginning of production of one of our most representative products worldwide, washer systems.
1981-1990: Step by step
- 1987: Creation of our commercial office in France, Cebi France S.à r.l.
- 1989: Acquisition of Cebi Italy S.p.A. in Lodi (initially named Vebe S.p.A).
1991-2000: Going international
- 1991: Creation of our commercial office, Cebi UK Ltd.
- 1993: Creation of Bimatic S.R.L., our development center for automatic assembly lines.
- Acquisition of Cebi Motors S.p.A. (initially called Nuova SME S.p.A.) in Padua. This plant specializes in small motors for the automotive market (seat, window roof etc.).
- Acquisition of Cebi Italy S.p.A. in Ancona (formerly named SO.GE.MI. S.p.A.).
- Creation of our commercial office, Cebi USA Inc.
- 1995: Development and production of our European flagship product, temperature sensors.
- 1996: Acquisition of Cebi Electromechanical Components Spain S.A. (formerly named Zertan S.A.).
- Creation of MES-DEA S.A., where we started producing batteries for electric vehicles. This product line is now covered by Cebi Micromotors Switzerland.
- Creation of Cebi Brasil Ltda.
- 2000: Creation of Cebi Poland Sp. z o.o.
2001-2010: Launch in Asia
- 2005: creation of Cebi Electromechanical Components Shanghai Co.Ltd. to support the Asian market.
2011- Today: Corporate identity
- 2011: Creation of Cebi International S.A. in Luxembourg and unification of all Cebi entities under Cebi International S.A.
- 2013: The CEO and Chairman of Cebi International S.A. is elected "Entrepreneur of the Year" by a panel during a ceremony organized by EY in Luxembourg.
- 2014: Creation of Cebi Industrias Mexico S.A. de C.V.
- 2015: All companies of the Group are renamed Cebi.
- 2017: Opening of a new production location in Bardello, Varese, Italy.